glas facades Vision 3000 range of windows are specified using the below general specification which may be tailored to suit your needs.
WINDOWS : ALUMINIUM CLAD TIMBER COMPOSITE WINDOWS
- Manufacturer and reference: Glas Facades Limited, 30 Oxford Road,
London N4 3EY.
Tel: 020 7561 8749. Fax: 020 7281 2309. Email: . Web: www.glasfacades.com.
Range: Vision 3000 UK (full face external aluminium for installation into flush openings).
Range: Vision 3000 EU (part face/part insulation for installation into internal rebated check reveals).
- Performance: The weathertightness of the completed window or external
pedestrian door, when tested in accordance with BS 6375-1, shall be not
less than exposure category 2000 for windows and 1200 for doors in accordance
with Table 1 of BS 6375-1 : 2004. These criteria will generally ensure
that the window or door is suitable for exposure to the weather conditions
of any location in the British Isles.
• For resistance to wind load a door shall be classified at least to class C3 and a window to class C5 of BS EN 12210 : 1999-11
• For watertightness a door shall be classified at least to class 3A and a window to class 5A of BS EN 12208 : 1999-11
• For air permeability any door or window shall be classified at least to class 2 of BS EN 12207 : 1999-11. In circumstances where exceptional airtightness is desired then class 4 of BS EN 12207 : 1999-11 shall be specified.
Full test results achieved by the Vision 3000 range during testing at ift Rosenheim are available on our downloads page, the results of which exceed the minimum requirements as set out above.
- Operating forces: windows shall, when tested to EN 12046 : 2003-11 and classified in accordance with EN 13115 : 2001-07, require no more than 5Nm (Class 2) of operating torque to disengage, open, close and re-engage the window handle, except in the case of tilt and turn windows where a torque of 10Nm (Class 1) is permissible.
- Construction: based on a core timber component from either Finished Pine, European Oak, Natural Pine or Canadian Pine. All timber components are sourced from a PEFC certified supplier confirming that timber has been drawn from a sustainable forest. System is clad externally with fully mechanically jointed aluminium extrusions (which are manufactured from up to 70% recycled raw material) which are attached to the frame front by rigid nylon intermittent clips.
- Glazing details: prepared to accept either 28mm sealed double
glazing units, 38mm sealed double glazing units or 38mm sealed triple glazing
units. All glazing fully drained and ventilated. Glazing type to be selected
to attain either:
• a whole window U value of ?.? W/m²K (glas facades have accredited test results indicating available whole window U values of between 0.8 W/m²K and 1.7 W/m²K or higher), or (if required)
• a BFRC Energy Rating of ? (glas facades Vision 3000 products have been fully assessed to Energy Rating grades A, B and C which can be selected according to required performance level and budget).
- Weatherstripping: Multiple gaskets from EPDM (refer to technical details).
- Ironmongery / accessories: Maco Harmony handles (either non-locking, key lockable or push button lockable) in a variety of finishes. Optional Glutz premium handles (available in satin nickel plate or polished chrome). Maco Multi Trend multi-point locking gear systems. Anuba Herkula casement hinges. Maco Multi Trend Tilt and Turn hinges. Optional Maco safety restrictors. Optional Titon through-section background trickle ventilators (in any RAL colour factory applied polyester powder coating) fitted to head bars. Optional pressed aluminium purpose made cill members (in any RAL colour factory applied polyester powder coating).
- Finish as delivered: External aluminium section cladding in any RAL colour factory applied powder coating. The thickness of the powder coating will be in accordance with EN ISO 2360 : 2003 and varies between 60 and 120 microns to all significant surfaces. Internal timber components in any RAL colour microporous spray finish (to finished pine). Self finished natural timber surfaces to European Oak, Natural Pine or Canadian Pine. When paint finished internally and externally - colour selection may be different. Finished pine product may be site painted by others.